Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Non -Exempt
Position provides direct administrative support to NECIC’s Executive Director. Responsible for business functions including Board of Directors support, fund development, and internal support for management team. Assist Executive Director execute community, strategic, and fund development planning activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Perform specialized and confidential administrative duties necessary to support organizational objectives and responsibilities of Executive Director and management staff.
2. Manage all administrative support functions pertaining to the planning, preparation execution, and follow up of all Board of Directors and board committee meetings.
3. Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, including using discretion to prioritize critical and time sensitive items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement of the Executive Director.
4. Work closely with Business Manager and Fiscal & Administrative Coordinator to arrange travel, including hotel accommodations and meeting planning as necessary for Executive Director and/or management team.
5. Serve as recording secretary, for all internal committees involving the Executive Director.
6. May attend internal meetings on behalf of Executive Director.
7. Ensure timely electronic submission of reports, invoices, and other program and financial information to accounting firm, funders, partners, etc.
8. Proofread, edit, and reformat documents. Prepare confidential and sensitive information including financial, personnel and programmatic reports.
9. Assist with the planning of NECIC special events including set up, inviting speakers, liaising with vendors, etc.
10. Serve as a community advocate for NECIC programs and mission in conjunction with NECIC staff, faculty, and Board of Directors.
11. Provide administrative support to internal committees, project teams and other special assignments. Revised 4/7/2021
12. May occasionally supervise the activities of volunteers, interns or other administrative personnel.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Excellent administrative and clerical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and be a self-starter.
• Excellent critical thinking skills including an ability to anticipate Executive
Director’s needs and collect or prepare information for ED review and action is required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt well to changing conditions and priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation usage.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with poise and professionalism.
• Comfortable working with diverse populations.
• Work well with others and require minimal supervision.
• Must be comfortable interacting regularly with the public in a professional manner.
• Associate Degree or three years of experience with progressive advancement.
• Experience supporting senior management personnel of an organization.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
• Senior management level support experience in a non-profit setting.
• Familiarity with NECIC’s work including the Community Economic Development Plan.
• Familiarity with Asset Based Community Development.
• Understanding of principles of Bridges Out of Poverty
Work is primarily conducted in an office environment, sitting for extended periods
of time, and staring at a screen. However, occasional meetings and special events will
require offsite or outside travel and schedule flexibility including night and weekend work
Send your resume and cover letter to Tionna@necic-ohio.org