North End Community Improvement Collaborative, Inc.
Position: Fiscal Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Part-Time (20-25 hours per week)
This management position is responsible for the day-to-day day oversight and annual and monthly reporting of the fiscal operations for NECIC. The position advises the Executive Director on matters regarding the fiscal effectiveness of NECIC. The position manages accounting functions including cash receipts, payroll, accounts payable, and fiscal reporting. Ensures the preparation of complete and accurate monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP. The position must adhere to NECIC’s board approved fiscal and personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervising all fiscal and payroll activities and delegates work, supervises and evaluates the Fiscal & Administrative Coordinator.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and other financial reports for forecasting, program planning, and Board and staff decision making.
- Prepare and submit weekly payroll and all payroll remittances and reporting to ensure proper and timely submission of all legally required payroll, labor and employment filings such as quarterly/annual payroll reports.
- Grants Administration for all grant funding including preparing monthly reimbursement requests, tracking grant funding and preparing budgets and final reports for grant applications.
- Assisting in the development and ongoing monitoring and performance evaluation of the organization’s operating budget to promote profitability.
- Overseeing timely and accurate budgeting.
- Preparing reporting for various state and federal agencies and ensuring that NECIC is compliant with all relevant regulatory entities.
- Overseeing and assisting with the annual external audit.
- Ensures timely filing of 990 each year
- Working closely with the Executive Director and the board to make recommendations for setting and achieving financial and organizational goals, monitor monthly income and expenses, profitability, and efficient use of funding, and evaluate overall organizational finances.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures and fiscal policies according to organizational objectives and helps implement improvements.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, relationships, contracts, and agreements with external partners, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with residents, employees, Board members, partners, customers, vendors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build and evaluate fiscal systems in a growing organization to maximize efficiencies and streamline expenses.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to develop work plans and tactical plans from broader organizational strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent senior management or accounting experience
- Experience in Quickbooks or similar double-entry accounting system required
- Experience in Payroll Required
- Experience in Business Administration preferred
- Experience in Grants Administration preferred
- Familiarity with NECIC’s mission and objective, North End CED Plan, and Strategic Plan goals (in-depth knowledge gained after hiring)
- Able to work with diverse individuals and groups of people
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org