Community Garden Small Grant
The purpose is to support residents and organizations who will start and/or expand a community garden in Mansfield or elsewhere in Richland County. These grants, up to $300, are designed to:
- Connect neighbors and share best gardening practices.
- Increase fresh food access and encourage residents to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Improve community health and increase volunteerism.
- Expand opportunities for recreation, learning, and cultural gatherings in the garden.
- Repurpose and beautify blighted or vacant community space.
- Garden must have a food such as Vegetable, Fruit, Herbs focus to be eligible.
- This project must provide a community benefit, Funds are limited for use by residents or a organization within Richland County.
- You must have three separate house hold residents involved per grant to be eligible, or the organization must be willing to match the amount. Then the winners will be notified.